Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Come And See

 I have friends who do not get the point of what I am doing in this monastery.  It makes no sense to them.  They say, "We want you here with us, to do this or that.  Maybe it is a fun visit, or a ministry they think is important, or just living in their neighborhood.  I accept that I make no sense for many of my acquaintances.  At best, I tell them how I think this life is helping me.  Usually, that does not go anywhere either.  But if I ask them, "Why don't you come up here and live with me in this life?" I will get a no.  Interesting.  People want me to be in their life but they have no interest in mine.  Life would be pretty narrow for me if I thought my life was the only one that made sense.    

1 comment:

  1. "To thine own self be true."

    Lots of hugs across the miles, Father Ryan! :)

    ReplyDelete