Sunday, February 19, 2023

Where To?

 Did you ever get onto a bus, train, plane, and spend time/energy/fretfulness as to which seat you will take on the journey.  I think the more important thing for me is, “Am I going in the direction of my destination?”  So it is with the spiritual journey.  We waste time in trying to find some immediate comfort, but forget where we are going?  Being comfortable is not the goal.  Transformation is.  A lot of the path will be uncomfortable and maybe this is part of getting to our destination.  Patience.  Acceptance.  Letting go of bodily satisfactions. Tolerance of not getting our way along the “Way.”  I find people come on a retreat to the monastery and fret about getting to their favorite spot in the room of meditation or the chapel.  As if their comfort or getting the right spot is going to control their relationship to their God or their soul.  Are you on the right path?  What is your destination or call?  

No comments:

Post a Comment