Sunday, February 5, 2023

Speech

 When I speak do I speak with the tongue of Babel or the tongue of the Holy Spirit?  In Genesis there is the Tower of Babel.  Up to that point everyone spoke the same language, and were together trying to build a tower to heaven, to become equal to God.  It was a reach for power, control, ego focus.  God said this will not work for making us whole.  So God made everyone begin to speak languages that divided them.  And the tower toppled.  So instead of trying to compete with God, people began to compete with one another, and thus war, conflict and division.  So I don't want that tongue of Babel.  I want the tongue of the Holy Spirit which on Pentecost, united a group of fearful people, so that when they spoke everyone understood them.  This was a speech of bringing people together to live a life of unifying love, acceptance and forgiveness.  So when I am about to speak which is it?  Babel or Holy Spirit.  

1 comment:

  1. When I hit the pause button, I'm given the opportunity to speak in the language of the heart.

    ReplyDelete