Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Good Bye 70s

 Today as I wake up I am 80 years old for the first time.  I don’t so much feel old, as thankful for all the people who I might have helped over the years.  Many of them are anonymous to me.  They read a blog, hear a talk in person or in cyberspace, are helped and move on.  But I sense that I made a small difference that lifted them up a little.  I thank God each day that I am still a priest, given all my shortcomings. I will not retire.  This day, being 80, is a gift.  It has a purpose in the realm of love, acceptance, compassion, and laughter.  Sometimes I just laugh at me.  For now, I have the great opportunity to live in a monastery with all the unique opportunities this lifestyle offers.  But I trust that there is more after my time here.  Trust and surrender to God is my hope.  God still has plans for me, and for you.  Stay the course.  

18 comments:

  1. Happy blessed birthday Father Ryan! ❤️ You are not only a beacon of light in my sobriety but my spiritual growth, thank you! You've also shown me through example that I can learn something new at any age, such as tap dancing with humor. Thank you, for you! Birthday hugs across the miles! XO :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Father!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Fr. Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Father Terry! Thank you for your years of service to our Beloved and to the church. Be well ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. 🎵🎶Happy Birthday to you🎶🎵

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday from the good sister😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 80’s, Father Terry! Your years at J23 and your daily blogs are a true blessing to me and my family! God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!!! Your wisdom and humor from your homily’s at St. Thomas got me through some very rough times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! I really enjoyed your sermons when you were at St.John XXIII parish. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 80 years! Happy, Happy Birthday. God Bless You Always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Terry. The opportunity to laugh with others and the ability to laugh at yourself are divine gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday from someone ten years older! Just keep moving! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will join you shortly, 4/13.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blessings for a wonderful birthday and may find abundance joy throughout the year🙏

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very happy birthday to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Fr. Terry, thank you for all of your service. Hoping for more wise and funny insights. Sorry to be late but I get up before your post these days. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A priest never really retires. He just gives up onerous responsibilities and can just be a priest again. At least this has been my experience. Happy birthday, brother priest!

    ReplyDelete