Wednesday, March 8, 2023

The Downfall

 Many people at one time or another are thoughtless and selfish, and even neurotic.  It is part of human life.  Such people may ignore me, or do things that make more work for me, or not do things that they could do and that need to be done.  My world, as I envision it should be, is not working out.  All this can devalue my ego, which is not such a bad thing, if I have an inflated ego, which happens way too often.  "I have my rights," I say, or "You should show me more respect."  We can run into such self-centered people in shopping, work, transportation, and even our own home.  I get to practice patience.  I have tried to change these other people with my wisdom comments, or criticism but to no avail.  I have learned it is an opportunity for me to practice patience.  Anger destroys patience.  Then no one grows.  I work on me.  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for always being there, Father Ryan. There's a reason I get up at 4am before anyone else and you help ground me before I meditate. What a gift! :)

    ReplyDelete