Tuesday, March 21, 2023

It Happened

 Vin Scully, the Sport's Announcer, said, "Don't be sad that it is over.  Smile because it happened."  This makes sense and gives me solace in my living at this monastery that is in the process of "Completion."  While it is sad that it won't continue for long as it is, A Trappist Monastery here in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, I smile because my time here happened at all.  I am approaching living here now for three years and will stay longer until the Completion time arrives.  I am truly blessed to have been here at all, to be taken in by the monks, allowed to live here from the Paulist Fathers, and the health to do so.  I will soon turn 80 and what a wonderful place in which to move into another decade.  So if something you love is coming to an end, smile that it happened to you at all.  

2 comments:

  1. It makes me sad too, to see it change. It is a very special place. I am grateful that I have been able to enjoy some "Mornings of Silence" there. Maybe there might be a few more?

    ReplyDelete