Saturday, March 4, 2023

Growth

Each time that the person in addiction recovery practices the principles of the program, meetings, readings, meditation and service, they are bringing the soil of their heart to be plowed by the steps and the traditions.  Seeds are planted in the soil of the heart and in time with attention to the soil after the ploughing, growth will occur.  Patience is needed.  And acceptance that much of the work of the growth is mysterious and done by some force or power not your own.  I have found this to be so in my own spiritual practice here in the monastery and elsewhere.   Each day I bring the soil of my heart to God and let the Gospel and life I live become the plough that plants the seeds.  It is not so much about having great spiritual experiences but in being faithful to tasks at hand and seeing how resentments, whining and bondage to self give way to love and non-duality.  

1 comment: