Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fragrance

I read this.  "Be the fragrance of Christ, drawing all people to follow him."  My Mom wore a fragrance, I called it perfume.  It always reminded me of her.  I don't think it is on the market anymore.  What if my life were lived like a fragrance that reminded people of Christ, or some other positive notion?  I would like this.  Sometimes, my life just stinks! If I complain that it is the fault of others, this is whining.  The fault more likely, lies within.  Does your life stink today?  Are you a positive fragrance?

2 comments:

  1. What I notice about fragrance is that what one person finds pleasing and attractive, and drawing - another thinks it stinks. How am I to know if my fragrance is sweet or too strong or too stinky, I think I'm not a very good judge. My nose doesn't know.

    Oddly, the same thing seems to apply to people. I may judge them pleasing or stinky, but I'm really not able to judge. I don't know the ins and outs of their life. I don't know if my God-O-Meter is correctly calibrated to sense all the sweetness or stinkyness of their life. Heavens, I guess I should leave it to a higher power. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to be a positive fragrance. Today I started my mentoring session at the Denver Woman's Correctional Prison. I ask for your prayer that she will learn and be empowered by our program. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete