Sunday, August 18, 2013

Little Children

Jesus said that we should let the little children come to him.  The Kingdom is for them.  For me, this means don't get in the way of their natural religious or spiritual inclination.  Our indifference, laziness, prioritizing, and disinterest or rejection of things spiritual gets in the way of a natural curiosity and interest of a child.  It is built into them.  It was built into us too, but stuff happens and we lose the contact with our spiritual DNA.  Many adults can live with their sabbath, their daily lives, devoid of the spiritual.  But this can have collateral damage to the children around us.

2 comments:

  1. I am grateful to have had parents that were deeply religious and found comfort in their faith during difficult times. When I became an adult and had my own struggles, I thought of them, and the examples they gave me during their lives helped me to cope and deepen my own spiritual relationship. I feel sorry for children who do not have such examples from both parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I think of Jesus and the little children, I am always reminded
    of the little children that were banished from Sacred Heart School.
    I wonder how they will feel about the church when they are adults and know the circumstances of their rejection. Somewhere in the bible there is another quote from Jesus about what will be the fate of those who harm little children.

    ReplyDelete