Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Many Paths

A fellow once told me that he got together with some people on a regualr basis to talk about a spiritual way of life.  He heard all kinds of advice and thought that some of it was quite bizarre.  He made some judgments about the people of the more bizarre advice.  Then one day someone said that one of these bizarre ideas or paths was very helpful to him and thanked the person who brought it up.  My friend decided then and there to judge no more.  There are many paths to the same place.  I try to keep that in mind when I hear about spiritual advice.  When people walk away, or turn their backs on me, or stop coming to my workshops, I figure that what I have to say was not for them.  Of course, if they like what I say, but ignore me anyway, then I guess I have to take them off of my prayer list.  I used to put them on my resentment list, but then that would be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment