Sunday, August 11, 2013

Toolbox

When I wnet to elementary school, called grammar school in the Bronx, I brought my lunch box with me.  No lunch box, I would starve or at least have a very hectic day.  I checked the box before I left the apartment to make sure that I had all the essentials properly packed.  I enjoyed my lunches and did not starve, ever.  Now I have a spiritual toolbox, as one person reminded me.  When I go out each day, I have to make sure that it too is properly packed.  If I meditate before I go out, that goes in the box.  If I read some spiritual literature, that goes in the box.  An empty spiritual toolbox makes for a very hectic day, I have found it to be so.  What is in your spiritual toolbox?

2 comments:

  1. A very important part of my spiritual lunchbox is Father Terry's spiritual stuff! Read it everyday and think about it often. Love it when I have thought the same thoughts first-not very often. Thank you.
    God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I read your blog daily too and I can't believe how many times I feel you are reading my mind and reflecting on thoughts unspoken. The tool box is pretty empty tho.

    ReplyDelete