Saturday, July 27, 2019

Bleeding Wound

I just woke up.  I forgot to set my alarm and it is 6:27 AM instead of 3:25 AM when I post his blog, pray, heat pad on back, and go to Vigils at 4:30 AM like a good monk.  So I am a bad monk, but I don’t feel guilty.  I feel rested.  So I am a monk without a conscience.  But I know where to go to confess and there the people are all imperfect but loving.  And the coffee is good.  Then for a donut.  I mean treats are necessary. I heard they strengthen the conscience.  Anyhow, the blog follows...I am a faithful though tardy blogger.  Maybe you slept in too?
As much as some people don't like to hear about Jesus stuff, there are stories about him in the bible that make me think of recovery from addiction.  For instance, the woman who has a bleeding hemorrhage.   She has tried for 12 years to get relief from doctors.  Don't addicts use medicine, and psychology to get relief or cure from their addiction?  Next she admits she is powerless to get relief on her own.  This is step one.  Her life is unmanageable.  She decides that Jesus has power to relieve her.  Step two.  So she decides to cast all caution to the wind and give herself over to him, her life and will, to get relief.  Step three.  She takes action and goes to touch but the hem of his garment.  How many tip toe into their first meeting with hope for help?  Keeping with the comparison, now that she is healed, by her faith in the power not her own, what will she do?  Physically healed, what about the rest of her? Will she do a step four, a moral inventory of shortcomings and then go on to step five?  Well, that is beyond the bible story.  So believe what you want.  I know where to go when I have wounds.

1 comment:

  1. Being near people who are "imperfect but loving" is such a blessing in itself. And to "know where to go when I have wounds" is something I have never thought about for myself. I hope you mean a healing place... I've got the bad places down pat. I'll have to survey my pattern of healing my wounds...

    ReplyDelete