Sunday, July 28, 2019

Tour De France

The Tour De France is the biggest, most prestigious bike race in the world, held each July mostly in France. A Frenchman has not won since 1985, but this year a Frenchman was leading with only two more days of racing. There are some twenty days of racing, really grueling.  The penultimate race was up into the mountains and down again.  The Frenchman is better going down than up, so his plan was to conserve energy going up and catch guys coming down to maintain his lead.  Mother Nature, the Racing Gods, Fate, or whatever did not cooperate with his plan.  It rained and there was an avalanche on the downhill part, so at the top of the mountain, the officials stopped the race.  The downhill was cancelled.  A Columbian had passed the Frenchman, who then lost the “Yellow Jersey” which goes to the leader.  The final race is a flat run into Paris. Piece of cake for all these guys.  The Frenchman lost the Tour De France.  So we can have our plans but don’t get all crazed about them not working out due to things beyond our control.  I try to live in the moment.  Do the best I can.  Have a plan, but live life on life’s terms.  I am ultimately but a small part of a bigger world.  Second place is OK if I did my best.  Finishing is OK if I do my best.  I am doing my best on these blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment