Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Forgetters

I am what someone called a professional forgetter.  That is, I am really good at it.  That is why when I say to myself that I will pray later I always seem to forget to pray at all that day.  "Just do it," is a better attitude no matter how I might feel at the moment.  I tend to postpone something because I think I will be in a better "space" later, or will feel more like doing later whatever I am not going to do now.  If you must, think of your God or Power as a car.  Cars don't want you to wait until later to change the oil or fill up the tank, or replace the oil filter.  Only bad things happen to the car if you wait until you are "ready."  God does not much care for you to wait and certainly your spirit does not do well with your waiting. The spiritual life needs daily maintenance.  It is not the quality of the prayer, but the doing of it.  And who are we to judge the quality of any prayer we do? The proof will be in how we live a saner day.

No comments:

Post a Comment