Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Paradise Of Isolation

The bathroom can be good and practical for several things.  I remember when I got my own bathroom.  I was 26 and a bachelor living in my own apartment in San Francisco.  All mine!  But one thing I have found out about the bathroom when you share it is that it can become a paradise of isolation.  It is the one place you can go to get away from everyone, but yourself.  You still have the mirror.  It can give you various opinions of yourself when you look into it.  If you are coming off of some very recent bad behavior, selfish, self-destructive, resentful striking out, or just being on the pity pot, you won't like much what is looking back at you.  You are in your paradise of isolation and feeling like hell.  So the next time you find yourself running away to the bathroom, if for no other reason than to escape, you might ask yourself, "How much of this is my problem, and what needs changing in me?" We can only work on the person looking at us in the mirror.  No one else can make that person whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment