Saturday, July 13, 2019

Take My Advice

Here is something clever I heard.  The spiritual guide tells the follower, "Take my advice.  I am not using it!"  Oh how I have done that.  I tell people some things they can do for their spiritual journey, but I am not doing them myself.  I am a hypocrite. I don't tell them I am not doing something.  I would lose my status, right?  But the good news is that after I tell them and they walk away with a plan to improve, I have to sit with myself and ask why I am not doing what I just said to do.  It is wake up call for me, lest I end up in a mess too.  You tell someone to exercise, but you have been sloughing off.  You tell them to eat a certain diet, but you have not lately been doing so.  You tell them to pray, but you have no time for that now.  You tell them to floss, do yoga, a diary, and so on.  Many of us have solutions.  But we don't listen to ourselves or have learned to quiet our best self.  When all else fails, I try to be helpful to another.  It is my wakeup call.

No comments:

Post a Comment