Friday, July 19, 2019

Happy Birthday Dead Person

Facebook type internet activities having a growing problem, or we who use it do.  Everyday I get a notice of some “friend” who has a birthday.  As time goes on, more of these birthday notices refer to someone who is dead.  Maybe a new job for the executor or the funeral business is to find a way to let the account on FB know that this person is dead.  It might not even be possible.  I think someone could make a lot of money if they could code such a way to eliminate dead people from birthday notices.  Maybe a R.I.P. or keep them in memory?  I wonder now if my dead relatives are still getting ad notices from various places.  It seems pretty hard to drop AOL when you are alive, much less to have someone try and drop your account after you die.  I guess when your email account gets all filled up, it just stays filled up.  When I stop blogging, I will be dead or in a remote hermitage.  Can you get off an email account if you plead dementia?

No comments:

Post a Comment