Friday, October 11, 2019

A Verb

Sometimes I say, “I feel grateful,” or “I am full of gratitude.”  And then what?  Nothing.  I don’t necessarily do anything.  I just feel grateful.  But someone said, “Gratitude is a verb.”  Duh!  That is so true.  What am I doing that is gratitude in action?  So I am trying to do something for someone or for some situation to be helpful as a way to show my gratitude.  When I escape the insanity of an emotional binge, that is the time for me to reach out and be helpful to someone else who might be going through a rough patch.  When I am not doing well, however, I sometimes think that I should avoid my friends so as to not make myself a burden.  This would be a way to show gratitude that I have friends at all, and not drag them down with me.  Something tells me that’s insane.  Maybe I am on the receiving end for gratitude?

No comments:

Post a Comment