Tuesday, October 8, 2019

The Focus For Change

I like to spend some time each day focusing on my bad habits and shortcomings.  Someone might say, "Oh no!" They say such things depress them.  It might me too, but I have never found that depression was a doorway to sanity or a better life.  The avoidance of personal pain, only made me say to myself, "Oh, I am not so bad."  No change ever came from a mediocre life as I knew it.  I focus on my bad habits, ones I cannot overcome by my own power and it brings me not to depression but to a sort of "bottom" from which I find the source of energy to actually do something to make a change for the better.  I seek inside myself and outside myself guidance and power.  Left to my own devices I won't change for the better.  This is why a bad habit is called a "habit."  You cannot change it by yourself.  So if you think that things are not so bad, and you do nothing to change for the better, things will only get worse.  May you live long enough to hit your bottom, the crisis point.  

No comments:

Post a Comment