Wednesday, October 23, 2019

SAD

SAD stands for Social Anxiety Disorder.  Indeed this is a "sad" state of being.  It can result from a feeling of not fitting in, not belonging, being an outsider to a group.  One of the reasons for SAD is that we try to fit in as we think people want us to be.  But it makes us uncomfortable inside our own skin.  Why?  Maybe because we are not being our truer self, not being who we are made to be.  We are trying to be who someone else wants us to be.  Or we are simply being excluded because other people judge us  as not worthy, not following their rules of behavior.  I tend to avoid groups where I am uncomfortable because I don't believe they accept me as I am.  It has taken me a long time to accept me as I am, as worthy and able to contribute to society.  I am far less "sad" when I am being more my true self.  Whenever I try to do something that is simply not me, I am uncomfortable.  It tells me that I am trying to be something I am not.  There may be times when we have to step up and do some things that are good but not who we are.  Just don't make it an all day habit, or else you will be SAD.  Be your own SAD: Sober And Devine.

No comments:

Post a Comment