Wednesday, October 16, 2019

No Guarantee

I have heard people say, “I don’t drink anymore.”  Oh!  These are very special people because they can predict the future.  I am just an ordinary person.  The best I can say is, “I don’t drink today.” I have to work at even this.  If I knew that I was never going to drink again, I probably would stop doing whatever has kept me sober.  Why work at something if it is guaranteed anyway?  I have no guarantees.  Each day, when I get up, I begin again whatever I did right yesterday to not have a drink.  If I worked at staying sober yesterday, then there is a good chance that today will be better than if I did nothing yesterday.  But not always,  There are no guarantees.  Life shows up and does not ask me what I want.  Besides, what I want may not always be good for me.  I need inside and outside help.  Even if you have no addictions, you might find this a good way to live.  Work on today, the now that you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment