Sunday, October 13, 2019

Progressive

I hear people say that addictive diseases like alcoholism is progressive, that is, the more you do, the longer you do it, the worse you get, never better.  Well, I think that recovery and any spiritual program/path is progressive too.  The more you do, the more you practice, the better you become, the deeper the transformation.  So if someone drinks everyday and their life is falling apart, then why not have a prayer practice and be of service everyday, and your life will get better.  I find that each day builds on all the past days.  Spiritual growth and recovery is accumulative.  So I never try to judge any one day and how prayer or practice went.  I just show up and do my practice.  Over time I see some difference for the better.  Or at least I don’t get worse, or go back to bad behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment