Friday, November 1, 2019

All Saints

In some circles today is a celebration of all those saintly, good people we admire, who have died.  They are in “The Good Place.”  Some circles would call this heaven.  Now yesterday was Halloween.  That is the day for the the witches to come out.  When my big Sis, Maureen, was alive, that was her day.  She was a witch.  Then she died way too young for my taste, and her new day became today.  Now I cannot figure out how someone can go from a witch to saint and the Good Place, so bingo.  If there is a Gatekeeper, a God or Power, then it does not think, or see, or judge as I do.  I would think witches have to burn, which would make tomorrow, All Souls Day, my sister’s day.  But the gatekeeper does not think like me because I just know that Maureen is in the Good Place.  Her four kids and her friends tell me so.  It also means that God sees in ways that I do not see.  I know this because I see in a way that is full of complaints, and resentments.  Short on gratitude and long on grumpiness.  So today, I will pray to Saint Maureen to ask the Power Greater Than Myself, to give me new eyes, with less grumpiness and more gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment