Sunday, November 3, 2019

Sea Ranch

I have been coming to Sea Ranch every Fall since 1988.  I come with my sister Jane.  We have missed two Falls in all that time.  You ask where it is?  I won’t tell you.  One of its charms is that it has so few people.  It is a place with few people and nothing much to do.  No Art museums, movies, events or such.  Sea Ranch is all about doing little in a quiet isolated place.  It has ocean shore cliff trails for walking and jogging.  Ocean views from our rental.  Only a sheep pasture separates us from the ocean.  Nearby, the town has an excellent butcher for fish and meats.  We like to cook.  We are neat and do not leave clothes on the floor or kitchen messy, like priests and children do.  We both like sports and watch events on TV.  There is a community swimming pool nearby for more exercise.  We stay for eight days now.  It is wonderful for our temperament.  People who cannot stand to be with themselves, or need lots of distractions would be miserable.  Just in case, you are not invited.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Father Ryan, I am so thankful that you and your sister still have such a tranquil retreat to recharge yourselves and your friendship. I would rather never know where it is, because the results of your shared experience translate into your daily life & blogs. I wish you both a very happy time together! :)

    ReplyDelete