Saturday, November 30, 2019

Where The Crawdads Sing

Did you ever find yourself responding to another person in a way to please them, but it is not really you.  Your response is not authentic.  Kya did this with a guy.  She laughed at something he said though she did not think it was funny.  Girls can tend to do this.  Why?  Not being a girl, I am not sure, but the author of the book says it is "giving away a piece of yourself" each time yo do it.  You don't want to be lonely or you do want to belong to someone.  These were two reason that Kya laughed.  It got me to thinking that each time I do this in my own interactions with people, am I giving away a piece of myself?  And if I do it often, then will there be no more me, authentic me, but only a fake me?  A spiritual path is one that helps us to discover our true self and live it out.  It takes courage and determination on a day to day basis, and sometimes can pay a price.  I keep this in mind when I think of a response or reaction to what someone else says, does or wants.  Oh, and if you figured out the mystery of Chase's demise, you are a better detective than I was.  I thought I knew but really had no clue.  There were clues but that is for another blog! Read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment