Saturday, November 16, 2019

Meetings

I go to meetings that help my spiritual and emotional life to grow.  If I stop going to these meetings there is one thing I am sure to miss.  What?  I will miss finding out what happens to people who stop going to meetings, because I won’t be there for those who come back after their stoppage.  By being consistent in my attendance, I find out that a lot of messy things go on for the people who say, “I am bored.  I don’t need these meetings anymore.”  Their life, from the ones who come back, gets a lot worse by non-attendance.  Boredom, I have found, is not a singular base upon which to make decisions.  I tend to avoid boredom by trying to see how I can be helpful to others.  Boredom is all about me not getting something for me.  Spiritual and emotional growth means that life is no longer all about me.  So don’t stop reading these blogs simply because you get bored.  There may be other reasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment