Thursday, November 21, 2019

Terry TV

There are days when I watch only one TV station.  It is channel “Terry TV.”  I know others who do the same in their own lives.  My channel is about me and it gets boring, but I watch anyway.  No service or usefulness to anyone.  My channel’s themes are self-pity, victimhood, blaming anyone and anything but me, and happy endings if people would cooperate instead of be the problem.  Lots of reruns.  I am trying not to make today one of these Terry TV days.  I will soon turn off the TV and meditate, then go for a walk, read a good book, ask other people how they are doing, even though my arm is falling off from gashing it last night in a fall.  A bad mood or Terry TV is not going to make me heal.  Wound care, patience, and some rest will do a better job.  And chocolate.  It should be a part of all first aide kits and we are without!

No comments:

Post a Comment