Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Lightweight

Some people say that I am a “lightweight” in my preaching and blogs.  But I say, “Why burden people with things that are really complicated, or beyond their interest, or simply beyond them?  Would you tell a blind man who you are guiding, to turn left or right by simply pointing in whichever direction?  No.  The blind person cannot see.  So why point?  Simply say, “Left” or “Right.”  Sometimes I hear people speak about something and I say, “This is not helpful to me,” or “I don’t get it.”  A lot of people read my blogs, I hope, and they come from all different backgrounds and interests.  So I try to keep things somewhat simple.  Maybe I am simple, but so what.  Maybe God made me simple, to help simple people.  Anyhow, when you are trying to communicate something to someone, don’t talk over their heads, beyond their interest, or to show off how much you know.  Be brief.  Make your point.  Give an example.  Sum it up.  Shut up.  Welcome to my Spiritual Stuff!

1 comment: