Thursday, November 14, 2019

Enough

If someone who is doing too much of something and cannot stop doing it on their own, don’t bother to ask them if they want to stop.  They might very well say yes, but this yes will only be short-term.  They just want to stop until they feel better.  Then they will go back to old behavior in their over-indulgence.  They are not yet finished.  A better question to ask is, “Have you had enough?”  If they have had enough, then they are ready to give it up.  They are filled up with enough misery.  I have tried to stop things in the past in my own life, but I could not because I still had a capacity for “MORE.”  When I was finally asked if I had had enough I thought about it and said yes.  I was ready to give it up. I had hit my capacity for misery.  Now I am no fortune teller, so I cannot predict the future, but I have learned how to make today a good prep for tomorrow, so that my “enough” stays in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment