Monday, November 18, 2019

The End

I hear people say, “In the end things will all work out.”  I say no.  They are not working out at all.  Things, whatever things are, seem to be in disarray.  I am restless, irritable, discontented, and whining because life is a mess right now.  You know what I hear back when I say all this?  I hear, “Then it is not the end yet.”  Which means what for me?  It means that I have to keep trudging along with hope, trust, faith and do the work.  Most of all, do the work, regardless of how I feel.  If I only prayed, been useful to others, did my job, when I wanted or felt fired up, I would do little or at least a let less work than I do now.  Being an adult, growing up, is hard work.  Well, at least it is for me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, Father Ryan. Being an adult is difficult but through my children's eyes, it seems all stages of life can be. However, I am thankful for the tools I now have access to and each time I gain a new one my toolbox gets lighter. Your blog is one of my tools, I want you to know. :) Acceptance, love, hope and work, along with prayer & meditation (not to mention an ever changing glasses prescription!) help me navigate uncharted territory. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

    ReplyDelete