Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Being Found

Some days I get the notion that my spiritual path is all about losing myself.  Say what?  Well, instead of focusing so much on me and my wants or expectations, I let go of my "getting" agenda, and just "be" for a few moments.  I let go of the thinking about me.  It is not easy but when I can do it for snippets of time, I seems to get found by some power or energy or reality that is always within and around me, but ignored or avoided.  This is a positive power of goodness, love, compassion, acceptance and service, which is ignored by selfish, self-centered, fear-based persons like I can be.  Do you sometimes feel that the normal you is just bad, a mess?  Think of it as an opinion or a temporary phase that can be changed by "letting go" for a few minutes.  The purpose of my meditation, my spiritual practice, is to be "found."  So I lose myself.  You cannot be found if you are not lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment