Friday, August 7, 2020

Deep Roots

What I need during Covid times is a deep root system of heart that I nourish on a daily basis.  This is where I best communicate with God, though to an outsider I am just sitting in a chair and doing nothing.  Think of a tree that is healthy in a stressful environment.  How?  Well, it is not so much what is going on around the tree above ground, but what is going on underground in the tree root world.  Here the tree is communicating with sources of life, soil, water, other tree roots, though above ground all seems like chaos.  Deep, silent, still, solitude meditation is where I get to my spiritual rootedness in the God of my understanding or beyond my understanding.  It is where I am nourished so that I can respond to chaos around me in my daily life,  things not going my way, my plans not working out, my will getting stepped on and so forth.  Without a spiritual rootedness in practice I don't know how anyone responds well and sanely to this modern world of virus invasion.  Sometimes I think that trees are saner than people.  

1 comment:

  1. "We can learn a lot from trees: they're always grounded but never stop reaching heavenward." -- Everett Mámor

    ReplyDelete