Friday, August 14, 2020

Little By Little

There is the saying, "life is sometimes hard by the yard, but a cinch by the inch."  Very optimistic, and a lot of truth in it.  Don't try to do too much all at once.  A new exercise program would reveal this truth.  You cannot get into shape in one day.  It took you a while to get out of shape, so it will take a while to get into shape.  Do a little each day.  In a new spiritual path, don't try to do all you read about at once.  Do a little each day.  But do something each day, not a lot every few days or a little once a week.  A cinch by the inch still requires some discipline.  If you lack discipline or patience then you might look at this lack of inventory tools in your life and seek how you can be disciplined on a daily basis.  So I try to do something each day to develop discipline and consistency.  Trust that the process will work out in time.  

3 comments:

  1. I needed this reminder for a couple of changes that are going on, thank you! :) Visually, I'm reminding myself that climbing the Great Sand dunes looks overwhelming but when I focus on each step in front of me - I've been able to make it to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I never said it was the tallest one, haha! That is okay too - who knows what will happen down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It so true Father
    I always wanted to climb everest
    People told me that i can't do it i am old over weight
    so I looked up to the universe and asked with your divine grace shadow me thru my journey as i know god you have my back
    i started training in the gym over 8 months
    and then i climbed everest tough but what i learned from my sherpa guide one small step at a time and enjoy your journey and the surrounding, experience every sound smell and thought
    phase your breathing with your heart beat
    and yes i have scaled everest
    my dad who is 81 years was so proud of me
    and i know my mum in heaven was with me all thru the journey because at points of stage it was so painful and i heard voices and mum said look son i am with you and i can walking up with you this drove me to the summit
    my mum was wheelchair bound in her later years
    God always have my back
    My mum was my strength
    Little by little nothing is im-possible is possible

    Thank you universe you have my back and you taught me one step at a time
    Bless you all

    ReplyDelete