Sunday, August 23, 2020

Sermons

I have heard many a sermon that I judged to be worthless, only to find out afterwards that someone said, “The homily was wonderful.”  In other words, the homily/sermon may not have spoken to me but it did speak to someone else’s need that day.  It is the same with speaker meetings where someone says something that I think is boring or not for me, only to find out after, that it spoke to someone else’s need in that meeting room.  So I have stopped judging, or at least tried to be more positive after I have pridefully judged another’s words or share.  So you may be reading my blogs and saying, “This man is an idiot.”  Well, you may have something there, but what you consider heresy, idiocy, or nonsense, might be just what someone else needs to hear that day.  So I continue to write these blogs, even if sometimes I think they are mediocre, because someone always says it is just what they needed that day.  So don’t let the fear of judgment hold you back from saying something.  You never know.  It might be just what one person needs to hear at that moment.  

2 comments:

  1. Your blog posts always speak to me! So grateful for you service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who am i to judge for i am a seeker too always learning and listening let the ego run away for i am only a wandering traveller
    Thank you father for so much clarity in life

    ReplyDelete