Saturday, August 1, 2020

Weak Harvest

The harvest in my church is rather scarce these days in USA.  Not a whole lot of people are trying to get into the Catholic Church.  Ironically, the laborers are many.  There are plenty of priests in the populated areas to take care of the parishes that are far from full.  Covid will pass, but the message a lot of these guys have does not connect to the secular world in which people live.  I am not saying people are disinterested in things spiritual or heartfelt, just that the messenger is out of touch.  I try to keep this in mind when doing my zoom preaching.  I cannot even see faces so I have to imagine a person out there in zoom land, and what is their hunger.  Can I respond to it, be in their shoes, or slippers as the case may be?  What too many messengers do is tell you what they think you need to hear.  They are sort of prepackaged and that does not nourish but a few.  My blog readers let me know what touches them.  And when I get little response I figure that blog helped no one.  I am always learning which is good for a messenger.  

No comments:

Post a Comment