Friday, July 31, 2020

Paths

I find people arguing about which religion is the correct path or best path to God.  Obviously, for them, it is religion or nothing.  That to me seems to stymie freedom.  Their attitude means that the searcher and God are not free.  God is not free to be found outside religion, and the searcher is not free to search beyond religion.  God and religion are not the same.  You can find God outside of religion.  Which means that you can reject religion, as many do, but that does not end the search.  Rejecting religion is the easier softer way to avoid the search for the divine, or whatever you might name this power.  So if you don't like religion, then find another path.  You just might stumble into a surprise.  

1 comment:

  1. I believe that God is Love and that, is always available. I once saw a wise man draw a box, point to the middle of it and say that God doesn't live here. And I couldn't agree more! Thank you, Father Ryan. :)

    ReplyDelete