Thursday, July 30, 2020

A Decison To Act

I hear people say that when they have doubts it is because they lack faith.  They think more faith will solve the doubt issue.  Or you think that you can reason your way out of doubt.  No to both.  You don’t need more faith or more reasoning.  You need to make a decision first.  Then act on it.  Then you will discover faith.  Ask anyone who has taken the steps of AA.  They may have started out with doubt, lots of it.  But if they wallowed in doubt, they would die drunk.  They acted with doubt and then discovered the Power to sober them up.  Jesus, the Buddha, and other wisdom figures give you the “follow me” teaching. Most of the people who have doubts about being a Christian or about Jesus, don’t really follow him anyway.  They just wander around in doctrine or catechism with doubts.  Imitation is what will break up doubts.  Proof follows action.  It is the basis of recovery and all spiritual paths.  One final example: stand on the edge of a ten meter diving board.  You have some doubts about survival?  Jump.  Doubts go away.  

1 comment:

  1. I lost my family, my mother and my job - i was in a abyss no way out 6 years ago bottom of the pit valley of doom lost my belief faith and any decency of mind strayed to paths where you think it can take your pain away yes only temporarily I cried and asked why me why this happen to me , as I was pondering i remembered my mother's words your must always have faith because faith will test you and test you until you learn the journey's why you are in this juncture - learn acknowledge it and move on but keep your faith and believe and your will power it makes you stronger
    yes today - i have shether given by my brother and his wife food to eat, I work in a residential care home looking after dementia and end of life residents and looking forward in life taking one day at a time and giving so much unconditional love and gratitude to the universe and god In the process i managed to scaled Mount Everest, visited places and learned about humanity,empathy and love
    Bless you all

    ReplyDelete