Wednesday, July 29, 2020

The Unseen Flower

I walked up to the quiet and empty cemetery this glorious morning, blue sky, no wind, and saw a singular, beautiful stem of blue flowers budding, all alone with no one to look at them and admire their beauty.  "So sad," I thought, "This flower stem blooms and there is no one to see it."  But wait!  God sees it.  And it gives God pleasure.  Then I realized that I had been thinking I should be somewhere else, teaching, being helpful to people on their spiritual journey  "Why am I here?" I had been thinking.  Maybe I am here to give God pleasure by the way I try to pray and grow in the spiritual life.  And that is enough.  So when you wonder who benefits or sees the good you are trying to do or be, remember that God sees it and it gives God pleasure.  

6 comments:

  1. Maybe it gives God pleasure to watch the person caring for a demented spouse, doing the best that they can in the daily struggle. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesus loves you for what you are doing.May you be and your spouse be anoited with the Precious Blood of Jesus. God Bless 🙏😇.

      Delete
  2. Maybe that flower was put there just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God and universe always works in a mysterious way.
    sometimes only in places where only you were meant to witness the glory of the universe and on that particular day time and moment you witness god's the universe's magical moments in that blink of eye you were given a gift from the universe - unconditional life
    i work part time in a home looking after dementia and end of life resident- to bring joy and happiness to them is god's gift for you are only one breath from life

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete