Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Big Sis

I am always bemused that my big sister Maureen has her birthday, today, on the Catholic Church Feast of Mary Magdalene.  Maureen in Irish means Mary.  Now Mary Magdalene was a bad girl when she was young but then good when she matured.  It is in the Christian Scriptures.  My big Sis was bad when she was young but got good when she grew up.  Unfortunately, all the people I run into who met Maureen, did so when she was grown up and nice, so they think I am telling fibs.  I know why she was bad.  It was me.  I was work for Maureen, who often had to watch and watch over me while Mom was busy with other stuff. I was selfish, whiny, and disobedient.  I complained to my Mom that Maureen was being mean to me.  That went nowhere.  We both grew up or at least got older.  I am still selfish, whiny and uncooperative.  Maureen became compassionate, accepting, loving unconditionally, kind and generous.  I once asked her how that happened.  She said it was her four kids.  They were either going to drive her crazy or she was going to change.  As a single parent, her kids needed her to not go crazy.  So she became all the nice things that everyone knows about her.  I think that Jesus helped Maureen, as he did Mary Magdalene, to make the transition.  I am still waiting on Jesus to get to me.  Hope I am on his bucket list.  

1 comment:

  1. Father you do not have to wait you are already on your journey to unconditional love Your journey started from inside and wow yes bless you

    ReplyDelete