Wednesday, July 15, 2020

The Grudging Kind

Someone said that "acceptance" is the key to life.  Well, what if that acceptance is a "grudging" acceptance?  Many of us have the grudging kind of acceptance and this is not going to expand our spiritual life, or make us at all happy.  A key to acceptance, for me, is linked to a willing dependence on some power not my own.  I call it Presence, an active force or power.  The only reason I have acceptance is that I have faith that I am not in this journey of life, on life's terms, all alone under my own power and control.  If I had total control I would have to accept nothing.  I just change what I don't like.  I do not have such control.  So I have to be willing to believe that Presence has my back.  Thus I can be dependent, and not have grudging acceptance.  I am happier this way of willing dependence.

2 comments:

  1. you only can change yourself not others
    like the river flowing boulders blocking it just run around it something like acceptance but you have the power t change and adapt towards your journey.
    Ex you can walk in the park in the morning is empty but if you listen it is full of god's grace
    In the afternoon there are more people in the park
    I believe that acceptance is a choice the lord has given us to make Make a wise choice
    Bless you Father

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, our motivations can be very subtle and operating within a low level of our awareness. Thanks for the read..... Blessings!

    ReplyDelete