Saturday, July 18, 2020

For Yourself

One of the places to be “selfish” in the best of ways, is to get into a recovery program for yourself and not for some other reason.  I have seen times when people lose a job, or partner walks out, or they lose something else, and they get into recovery to regain those things.  These people rarely stay.  But when they finally do it for themselves, then they have a better chance.  So if you are thinking of getting into something to better your life, ask why?  If it is not for yourself, then you have not reached that place of self-worth, where you value the new “whatever” because you value you.  I have found it so...eventually.  I stopped saying I am as good as the money I earn.  Others may prefer the money, but then that is a different issue.  

No comments:

Post a Comment