Wednesday, July 13, 2022

A Call Within

Mother Teresa of Calcutta helps me to understand myself in this monastery and maybe will help you in your transformations and recoveries.  She had a vocation within a vocation or a cal within a call.  She was a religious sister teaching in a girl's school.  Then she felt called or moved or inspired to minister to the poorest of the poor.  She stayed sister in religious life but changed her occupation.  So if you find yourself inspired or Power-filled to enter a new way of living, you might not have to change everything.  You could be a drunk lawyer and decide to become a sober lawyer.  I am still a Paulist, but I live a more monastic life in this monastery.  I have a vocation within a vocation.  Lately, I am finding that he founder of the Paulist Fathers, Isaac Hecker, was a lot like me.  So I think I making some sense of myself.  Your original vocation may not be a mistake, but rather a step  on a life-long journey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment