Thursday, July 21, 2022

Salt

Salt is supposed to flavor food.  Enhance the taste.  I use a little in my bread baking.  If there is no salt in the dough, you will notice this in the finished product.  It lacks "something."  Now what if you walked into a meeting or gathering of people, all of whom had a self-evaluation that they are losers.  You might say, "Who wants to hang around with a bunch of losers!"  I have heard people say that.  They leave and never come back.  But what if you decided to "salt" the meeting with a flavoring of acceptance, loving-kindness, encouragement, hope?  Serve as a positive flavoring of the meeting.  It is a way of being of service and getting out of yourself.  The results?  Not your job.  Don't worry about results.  I try to do the action and then I am always flavored for the better, and that is a good thing.  More kindness and less judgment always improves me.   

1 comment:

  1. I miss seeing you! And I miss your wisdom. Sending you a big hug full of Love. Thank you for being my friend.

    ReplyDelete