Sunday, July 17, 2022

Faith

All alcoholics have faith.  They believe in alcohol.  When things don't go their way, they drink rather than pray.  Why?  Alcohol is quicker and more certain in the results.  Prayer, you have to rely on someone else and give up your own will in the process.  In the spiritual stuff things don't always turn out the way you want.  With alcohol you have more control over the results.  Things always turn out the same.  And by then you don't care anyway.  I am living an alcohol-free life today.  I have faith in some spiritual help.  Left to my own devices, well, let me not go there anymore.   Guaranteed disaster.  

1 comment:

  1. I love this and am so thankful to have embraced a new faith in spiritual help, rather than alcohol, almost 5 years ago. Life is full of possibilities now and I'm so thankful for your blog, it's one of my favorite "tools". :)

    ReplyDelete