Friday, July 29, 2022

Being Like

 To relate well and even to love someone, their must be some likeness, some compatibility.  Opposites may attract, but to grow together you take on something of the other person.  So it is with prayer and the God, the Power, the One to whom I relate.  We start out as opposites, unlikeness.  God is unknown, no thing, unseen.  I come to the relationship exhausted from trying to be known, seen, become something, ego driven to be recognized with accomplishments.  I bring my thoughts, delusions, wants, ego focus.  God is not going to change.  I must change.  In the silence and solitude I begin to forget about my preoccupations to be special and unique and important.  I gradually become no one, being nowhere, going nowhere in the mediation.  I forget the old separate self.  I become for a moment,  One with and not two separate.  Intimacy.  I then bring this to my everyday encounters with others and other situations.  

No comments:

Post a Comment