Monday, July 4, 2022

Let Go

 Happy 4th of July!  Or maybe today is not showing up happy.  Lots of places no longer allow fireworks due to drought conditions.  In looking back over the last couple of coronavirus years, I see myself on the precipice of wishing things had been different.  Forgiveness too is about wanting the past to be different, to be better.  Someone said you won't forgive until you let go of the hope that the past will be better.  A lot of present anguish, resentment, and fear is tied up in part with wanting a better past.  The past, in concrete, can teach me lessons I can usefully apply to the present for myself and in service to others.  If today is not happy because I am stuck on wanting a better past, then I am in an impossible situation.  I don't want that.  I will work on the present.  Power exists in the present moment, not the future or the past.  

2 comments:

  1. I love this and wish you a very sparkle-filled-present-moment type of day, that's something to celebrate! Happy 4th of July! :)

    ReplyDelete