Thursday, July 28, 2022

Basics

 Do you ever find yourself saying that you are going to get back to something that you used to do, but then ceased doing for no particular reason?  No one or event forced you to stop?  I don’t want to be in that situation anymore.  I don’t want to say, “I am going to get back to meditation. Spiritual reading.  Contact with friends.  Exercise. Balanced eating.”  No one stopped me.  I just stopped.  Complacent? Bored? Too busy with something less important than whatever good habit I dropped?  I hear people in Recovery programs say, “I am going to get back to basics.”  Why did you stop in the first place.  I don’t have to go back to basics if I never leave them in the first place.  Painfully, what drives me back to a good habit is a life gone unmanageable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment