Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Busy Mind

A busy mind is not all bad, unless it is ignoring the present and focusing on the past and the future.  Only the present exists.  If I am not into the present, as in mindfulness, then the future will always be future.  Anxiety is often due to the inability to be in the now, the present moment.  The now has only so much going on, so the mind will not be busy in the now.  I think that is what mindfulness is about.  I can only do one thing now.  If I am doing one thing but anxious about something next or beating myself up about something past, I will be in a bad space.  I fool myself to think that "later" I will relax.  When later comes, if I am not mindfully present, I continue with anxiety about past and future.  This is insanity and self-centered fear.  It certainly is not recovery.   

No comments:

Post a Comment