Sunday, July 3, 2022

Forgettable

 Would you like a perfectly forgettable day?  You might say no, but then again, a perfectly forgettable day is one with no trouble, mishaps, messiness.  Such days are easily forgotten.  In your daily life, if all your plans go well, it may end up being a perfect day, and forgettable.  To be greedy, you might want things to go your way, plus something memorable.  I tend to think that I too often settle for a perfectly forgettable day.  I can tend toward narrowness.  My routines lean toward the edge of narrowness, if I am honest.  But if I reach beyond the routine, the certain, the known, it might get bumpy.  The invitation to a spiritual path of life is so that we will have the power to reach for the unforgettable.  It is a risk.  But I don’t want my obituary to read, “He lived a series of forgettable days that became a forgettable life.”  Anonymous yes, but forgettable not so sure.  

1 comment: