Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Another Aspect

 My Christianity has had long bouts with trying to have power, control, and domination.  It can come across as "I am right and everyone else is not so right."  It can be practical in its organization to get visible results.  My religion is certainly big and visible and does a lot of good stuff.  So who am I to argue?  But there is another aspect of my Christianity that is not so front and center.  The interior, the silent and the contemplative has a long history and is making a comeback over the last several decades.  It is less buried in monasteries and old out of print books.  My religion gets its depth when it listens in silence to the still, small voice of the Holy Spirit.  The Paulist Fathers, of whom I am an unworthy member, relies on the direction of the Holy Spirit.  Such direction has no need to dominate.  Don't underestimate the power of silence and solitude.  

No comments:

Post a Comment